​​​​​​​​​​​​Real Help With Your 501(c)(3) Application

We wanted to be a public charity, but ended up as a private foundation.  How do we correct this?          

A. Organizations wrongly determined to be private foundations will need to file Form 8940 to get the record straight with the IRS.  Form 8940 is an electronic form which must be filed through pay.gov.

Question 9 - Are there any alternatives to filing Form 8940?​​

Question 2 - How can we fix a mistake in our foundation status?