​​​​​​​​​​​​Real Help With Your 501(c)(3) Application

Q. Are 501(c)(3) organizations permitted to

conduct activities or provide grants outside the U.S.?

     ​<<< Back to Grants to Individuals      Return to Form 1023-EZ Frequently Asked Questions       Forward to Insider Transactions >>>

A. Yes.  Activities that are charitable within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) when carried on within the United States also qualify for exempt status under 501(c)(3) when carried on in foreign countries.

Organizations making foreign grants, however, must show that the applicant is not controlled by, or otherwise obligated to transfer donations to, any foreign entity.  (Note that rules for private foundations, not covered here, are somewhat different.)

This website has only a fraction of the information you can find in

Prepare Your Own 501(c)(3) Application

Prepare Your Own 501(c)(3) Application
By Sandy Deja © 2020  400 pages ISBN 978-1-7340724-1-9

Money Back Guarantee
(available in pdf as well; send email request)